The weekly work log posts are intended to report some of the things that I worked on during the previous week.
Merged pull requests
Rust #45619: Support DragonFly when building OpenSSL.
Rust #45623: This adds a Dockerfile to cross-compile Rust for DragonFly. It is disabled for now due to missing resources.
Curl wrapper for rust #191: Minor patch. This finally allows producing statically linked binaries of cargo on DragonFly, which is a good thing to have, as we need cargo for bootstrapping each next version of Rust.
DeltaPorts #809: Fixes www/yarn port for DragonFly.
DeltaPorts #810: Update the lang/rust port to version 1.21.0 for DragonFly.
Ravensource #12: Add x11-wm/cwm to Ravenports.
Open pull requests
Timewarrior #91: Fix compilation of timew for DragonFly.
Rust nix #799: The nix crate provides *nix APIs for Rust. Some 137 crates depend on it. This pull request brings support for DragonFly.
Bug reports and bug hunting
- Matthew Dillon fixed a bug concerning libc and pthreads on DragonFly. This bug was triggered for instance by Rust's package manager cargo when building the Rust compiler itself. Before this fix, we had to limit cargo to only use one process (no forking). I spend hours testing Matt's patches and am so happy that this has been finally fixed.
I got an STM32F4 Discovery board. This is an evaluation board with an ARM© Cortex© M4 microcontroller. I got Rust running on it and can load new programs through OpenOCD and gdb. Next, I will try Realtime for the Masses on it.
I started work on an Android app using React Native.
I upgraded the dependencies of several Rust libraries that I was using in my diploma thesis. The plan is to clean up the code and improve the algorithms in order to publish a paper.
Modified the design of my homepage. Not perfect yet.